|Stainless Steel Spur Gears From a Leading Manufacturer for Lathe
|stainless steel , iron , aluminum ,bronze ,carbon steel ,brass , nylon etc .
|ISO standard ,customer requirements
|Finished bore, Pilot Bore, Special request
|Carburizing and Quenching,Tempering ,Tooth suface high quenching Hardening,Tempering
|Molding, Shaving, Hobbing, Drilling, Tapping, Reaming, Manual Chamfering, Grinding etc
|Quenching & Tempering, Carburizing & Quenching, High-frequency Hardening, Carbonitriding……
|Wooden Case/Container and pallet, or made-to-order
|Gear Hobbing, Gear Milling, Gear Shaping, Gear Broaching, Gear Shaving, Gear Grinding and Gear Lapping
|Toy, Automotive, instrument, electrical equipment, household appliances, furniture, mechanical equipment,daily living equipment, electronic sports equipment, , sanitation machinery, market/ hotel equipment supplies, etc.
|Rockwell hardness tester 500RA, Double mesh instrument HD-200B & 3102,Gear measurement center instrument CNC3906T and other High precision detection equipments
1. why should you buy products from us not from other suppliers?
We are a 32 year-experience manufacturer on making the gear, specializing in manufacturing varieties of gears, such as helical gear ,bevel gear ,spur gear and grinding gear, gear shaft, timing pulley, rack, , timing pulley and other transmission parts .
2. what services can we provide?
Accepted Delivery Terms: Fedex,DHL,UPS;
Accepted Payment Currency:USD,EUR,HKD,GBP,CNY;
Accepted Payment Type: T/T,L/C,PayPal,Western Union;
3. how can we guarantee quality?
1 .Always a pre-production sample before mass production;
2 .Always final Inspection before shipment;
3 .We have high-precision CNC gear grinding machine, high-speed CNC gear hobbing machine, CNC gear shaping machine, CNC lathe, CNC machining center, various grinding machines, universal gear measuring instrument, heat treatment and other advanced processing equipment.
4 . We have a group of experienced technical workers, more than 90% of the workers have more than 10 years of work experience in this factory, can accurately control the manufacturing of products and customer needs. We regularly train our employees to ensure that we can produce high-precision and high-quality products that are more in line with our customers’ needs.
|Motor, Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Machinery, Marine, Toy, Agricultural Machinery, Car
|Hardened Tooth Surface
|Toothed Portion Shape:
Can plastic gears withstand high torque and load conditions?
Plastic gears have certain limitations when it comes to withstanding high torque and load conditions. Here’s a detailed explanation of their capabilities:
Plastic gears can be designed and manufactured to handle a range of torque and load conditions, but their performance is generally inferior to that of metal gears in high-stress applications. The specific capabilities of plastic gears depend on various factors, including the chosen plastic material, gear design, tooth profile, and operating conditions.
While plastic gears may not be suitable for extremely high torque or heavy-load applications, they can still provide reliable performance in many moderate-load scenarios. Plastic gears are commonly used in applications with light to moderate loads, where their unique properties and advantages outweigh their limitations.
Some plastic materials, such as acetal (POM) and polyamide (nylon), offer good strength and wear resistance, allowing them to handle moderate torque and load conditions. These materials can be reinforced with additives or fillers to enhance their mechanical properties and increase their load-bearing capacity.
It’s important to note that when designing with plastic gears, engineers must carefully consider factors such as gear size, tooth geometry, material selection, and operating conditions. Reinforcement techniques, such as using metal inserts or reinforcing fibers, may be employed to improve the strength and load-bearing capabilities of plastic gears in certain applications.
In high torque or heavy-load applications, metal gears, particularly those made from steel or other high-strength alloys, are generally preferred due to their superior strength and durability. Metal gears offer higher load capacities, better resistance to deformation, and increased resistance to wear under extreme conditions.
Ultimately, the suitability of plastic gears for high torque and load conditions depends on the specific requirements of the application and the trade-off between the benefits of plastic gears, such as weight reduction and noise reduction, and the higher load-bearing capabilities of metal gears.
It’s recommended to consult with gear manufacturers or mechanical engineers to determine the most appropriate gear material and design for a particular application, especially when high torque and load conditions are expected.
How do plastic gears handle lubrication and wear?
Plastic gears handle lubrication and wear differently compared to metal gears. Here’s a detailed explanation of their behavior:
1. Lubrication in Plastic Gears: Lubrication plays a crucial role in the performance and longevity of plastic gears. While metal gears often require continuous lubrication, plastic gears have different lubrication requirements due to their inherent properties. Here are some key considerations:
- Self-Lubrication: Some plastic materials, such as certain formulations of polyoxymethylene (POM), have inherent self-lubricating properties. These materials have a low coefficient of friction and can operate with minimal lubrication or even dry. Self-lubricating plastic gears can be advantageous in applications where the use of external lubricants is impractical or undesirable.
- Lubricant Compatibility: When external lubrication is necessary, it’s important to choose lubricants that are compatible with the specific plastic material used in the gears. Certain lubricants may degrade or adversely affect the mechanical properties of certain plastics. Consultation with lubricant manufacturers or experts can help identify suitable lubricants that won’t cause degradation or wear issues.
- Reduced Lubricant Requirements: Plastic gears generally have lower friction coefficients compared to metal gears. This reduced friction results in lower heat generation and less wear, which in turn reduces the demand for lubrication. Plastic gears may require less frequent lubricant replenishment or lower lubricant volumes, reducing maintenance requirements.
- Appropriate Lubricant Application: When applying lubricant to plastic gears, care should be taken to avoid excessive amounts that could lead to contamination or leakage. Lubricants should be applied in a controlled manner, ensuring they reach the critical contact points without excessive buildup or excess spreading beyond the gear surfaces.
2. Wear in Plastic Gears: Plastic gears exhibit different wear characteristics compared to metal gears. While metal gears typically experience gradual wear due to surface interactions, plastic gears may undergo different types of wear mechanisms, including:
- Adhesive Wear: Adhesive wear can occur in plastic gears when high loads or speeds cause localized melting or deformation at the gear teeth contact points. This can result in material transfer between gear surfaces and increased wear. Proper material selection, gear design optimization, and lubrication can help minimize adhesive wear in plastic gears.
- Abrasive Wear: Abrasive wear in plastic gears can be caused by the presence of abrasive particles or contaminants in the operating environment. These particles can act as abrasive agents, gradually wearing down the gear surfaces. Implementing effective filtration or sealing mechanisms, along with proper maintenance practices, can help reduce abrasive wear in plastic gears.
- Fatigue Wear: Plastic materials can exhibit fatigue wear under cyclic loading conditions. Repeated stress and deformation cycles can lead to crack initiation and propagation, ultimately resulting in gear failure. Proper gear design, material selection, and avoiding excessive loads or stress concentrations can help mitigate fatigue wear in plastic gears.
3. Gear Material Selection: The choice of plastic material for gears can significantly impact their lubrication and wear characteristics. Different plastic materials have varying coefficients of friction, wear resistance, and compatibility with lubricants. It’s important to select materials that offer suitable lubrication and wear properties for the specific application requirements.
4. Operational Considerations: Proper operating conditions and practices can also contribute to the effective handling of lubrication and wear in plastic gears. Avoiding excessive loads, controlling operating temperatures within the material’s limits, implementing effective maintenance procedures, and monitoring gear performance are essential for ensuring optimal gear operation and minimizing wear.
In summary, plastic gears can handle lubrication and wear differently compared to metal gears. They may exhibit self-lubricating properties, reduced lubricant requirements, and require careful consideration of lubricant compatibility. Plastic gears can experience different types of wear, including adhesive wear, abrasive wear, and fatigue wear. Proper material selection, gear design, lubrication practices, and operational considerations are crucial for ensuring efficient lubrication and minimizing wear in plastic gears.
What are the advantages of using plastic gears in machinery?
Plastic gears offer several advantages when used in machinery. Here’s a detailed explanation of the advantages of using plastic gears:
- Lightweight: Plastic gears are significantly lighter in weight compared to metal gears. This lightweight characteristic is particularly beneficial in applications where weight reduction is important, as it can contribute to energy efficiency, lower inertia, and reduced wear on supporting components.
- Low Noise and Vibration: Plastic gears have inherent damping properties, which help reduce noise and vibration levels during operation. The ability to absorb and dissipate vibrations leads to quieter machinery, making plastic gears suitable for applications where noise reduction is desired, such as in consumer electronics or office equipment.
- Corrosion Resistance: Certain plastic materials used in gear manufacturing exhibit excellent resistance to corrosion and chemicals. This makes plastic gears suitable for applications in corrosive environments, where metal gears may suffer from degradation or require additional protective coatings.
- Self-Lubrication: Some plastic materials used for gear manufacturing have self-lubricating properties. These materials can reduce friction and wear between gear teeth, eliminating the need for external lubrication. Self-lubricating plastic gears can simplify maintenance requirements and reduce the risk of lubricant contamination or leakage in machinery.
- Cost-Effective: Plastic gears can be more cost-effective compared to metal gears, especially in large-scale production. Plastic materials are often less expensive than metals, and the manufacturing processes for plastic gears can be more efficient, resulting in lower overall production costs. This cost advantage makes plastic gears an attractive option for applications where budget considerations are important.
- Design Flexibility: Plastic gears offer greater design flexibility compared to metal gears. Plastic materials can be easily molded into complex shapes, allowing for the creation of custom gear profiles and tooth geometries. This design flexibility enables gear optimization for specific applications, improving performance, efficiency, and overall machinery design.
- Electrical Insulation: Plastic gears provide electrical insulation properties, which can be advantageous in machinery where electrical or electronic components are in close proximity to the gears. The electrical insulation helps prevent the risk of electrical short circuits or interference caused by metal gears coming into contact with conductive parts.
It’s important to note that while plastic gears offer unique advantages, they also have limitations. They may not be suitable for applications requiring extremely high torque, high temperatures, or where precise positioning is critical. The selection of plastic gears should consider the specific requirements of the machinery and the mechanical properties of the chosen plastic material.
editor by CX 2023-12-04