We Are Precision Metal Parts Manufacturer And We Providing Custom Processing Service. Send Us Drawings, We Will Feedback You Quotation Within 24 Hours
Precision Parts Display
Click Here Get More Information
3-axis, 4-axis and full 5-axis processing equipment, CNC lathe, centering machine, turning and milling compound, wire cutting, EDM, grinding, etc
CNC machining, CNC Turning, CNC Milling, Welding, Laser Cutting, Bending, Spinning, Wire Cutting, Stamping, Electric Discharge Machining (EDM), Injection Molding
Aluminum, metal, steel, metal, plastic, metal, brass, bronze, rubber, ceramic, cast iron, glass, copper, titanium, metal, titanium, steel, carbon fiber, etc
+/-0.01mm, 100% QC quality inspection before delivery, can provide quality inspection form
ISO9001:2015, ISO13485:2016, SGS, RoHs, TUV
|Aluminum parts||Stainless Steel parts||Steel parts||Brass parts|
|Clear Anodized||Polishing||Zinc Plating||Nickel Plating|
|Color Anodized||Passivating||Oxide black||chrome plating|
|Sandblast Anodized||Sandblasting||Nickel Plating||Electrophoresis black|
|Chemical Film||Laser engraving||Chrome Plating||Oxide black|
|Brushing||Electrophoresis black||Carburized||Powder coated|
|Polishing||Oxide black||Heat treatment|
Click Here Get Free Quotation
CNC Machining Parts Can Be Used in Many Industry
Aerospace/ Marine/ Metro/ Motorbike/ Automotive industries, Instruments & Meters, Office equipments, Home appliance, Medical equipments, Telecommunication, Electrical & Electronics, Fire detection system, etc
Cylinder Heads, Turbochargers, Crankshafts, Connecting Rods Pistons, Bearing Caps, CV Joints, Steering Knuckles, Brake Calipers,Gears,Differential Housing, Axle Shafts
Cylinder Heads, Turbochargers, Crankshafts, Connecting Rods Pistons,Bearing Caps, CV Joints, Steering Knuckles, Brake Calipers,Gears, Differential Housing, Axle Shafts
Drill Pipes and Casing, Impellers Casings, Pipe Control Valves, Shafts, Wellhead Equipment, Mud Pumps, Frac Pumps, Frac Tools,Rotor Shafts and disc
Custom robotic end-effectors, Low-volume prototype, Pilot, Enclosures, Custom tooling, Fixturing
Rotary Bearing Seal Rings for CHINAMFG Knife,CT Scanner Frames,Mounting Brackets,Card Retainers for CT Scanners,Cooling Plenums for CT Scanners,Brackets for CT Scanners,Gearbox Components,Actuators,Large Shafts
Screws, hinges, handles, slides, turntables, pneumatic rods, guide rails, steel drawers
Q1. What kind of production service do you provide?
CNC machining, CNC Turning, CNC Milling, Welding, Laser Cutting, Bending, Spinning, Wire Cutting, Stamping, Electric Discharge Machining (EDM), Injection Molding, Simple Assembly and Various Metal Surface Treatment.
Q2. How about the lead time?
Mould : 3-5 weeks
Mass production : 3-4 weeks
Q3. How about your quality?
♦Our management and production executed strictly according to ISO9001 : 2008 quality System.
♦We will make the operation instruction once the sample is approval.
♦ We will 100% inspect the products before shipment.
♦If there is quality problem, we will supply the replacement by our shipping cost.
Q4. How long should we take for a quotation?
After receiving detail information we will quote within 24 hours
Q5. What is your quotation element?
Drawing or Sample, Material, finish and Quantity.
Q6. What is your payment term?
Mould : 50% prepaid, 50% after the mould finish, balance after sample approval.
Goods : 50% prepaid, balance T/T before shipment.
|Application:||Motor, Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Machinery, Marine, Toy, Agricultural Machinery, Car, Aerospace/ Marine/Automotive/Medical Equipments|
|Hardness:||Soft Tooth Surface|
|Gear Position:||External Gear|
|Manufacturing Method:||Machining,Milling,Stamping,Laser Cutting,etc|
|Toothed Portion Shape:||Spur Gear|
How do you choose the right type of plastic material for specific applications?
Choosing the right type of plastic material for specific applications requires careful consideration of various factors. Here’s a detailed explanation of the process:
1. Identify Application Requirements: Begin by understanding the specific requirements of the application. Consider factors such as temperature range, chemical exposure, mechanical stress, electrical properties, dimensional stability, and regulatory compliance. This initial assessment will help narrow down the suitable plastic material options.
2. Research Plastic Material Properties: Conduct thorough research on different types of plastic materials and their properties. Consider factors such as mechanical strength, thermal stability, chemical resistance, electrical conductivity, impact resistance, UV stability, and food safety approvals. Plastic material datasheets and technical resources from manufacturers can provide valuable information.
3. Evaluate Material Compatibility: Assess the compatibility of the plastic material with the surrounding environment and other components in the system. Consider the potential for chemical reactions, galvanic corrosion, thermal expansion, and any specific requirements for mating surfaces or interfaces. Ensure the selected material is compatible with the intended operating conditions.
4. Consider Manufacturing Process: Evaluate the manufacturing process involved in producing the desired component or product. Different plastic materials may have specific requirements or limitations for processes such as injection molding, extrusion, blow molding, or machining. Ensure the chosen material is compatible with the selected manufacturing method and can meet the desired quality and production efficiency.
5. Assess Cost and Availability: Consider the cost and availability of the plastic material. Some specialty or high-performance plastics may be more expensive or have limited availability compared to more common materials. Evaluate the cost-effectiveness and feasibility of using the selected material within the project’s budget and timeline.
6. Consult with Material Experts: If necessary, consult with material experts, engineers, or suppliers who have expertise in plastic materials. They can provide valuable insights and recommendations based on their experience and knowledge of specific applications. Their input can help ensure the optimal material selection for the intended use.
7. Perform Prototype and Testing: Before finalizing the material selection, it’s advisable to produce prototypes or conduct testing using the chosen plastic material. This allows for verification of the material’s performance, dimensional accuracy, strength, durability, and other critical factors. Iterative testing and evaluation can help refine the material selection process if needed.
By following these steps and considering the application requirements, material properties, compatibility, manufacturing process, cost, and expert advice, it’s possible to choose the most appropriate plastic material for specific applications. Proper material selection is crucial for ensuring optimal performance, longevity, and safety in various industries and products.
Can plastic gears be used in automotive applications?
Yes, plastic gears can be used in automotive applications. Here’s a detailed explanation:
Plastic gears have several advantages that make them suitable for certain automotive applications. They are lightweight, have good wear resistance, offer design flexibility, and can operate with low noise levels. However, it’s important to consider the specific requirements and limitations of automotive applications before using plastic gears.
1. Non-load Bearing Applications: Plastic gears are commonly used in non-load bearing applications within automotive systems. These include applications such as instrument clusters, HVAC systems, seat adjustments, and interior components. In these cases, the gears are subjected to relatively low loads and can effectively perform their functions while offering benefits such as weight reduction and cost efficiency.
2. Auxiliary Systems: Plastic gears can also be used in auxiliary systems of vehicles, such as windshield wipers, window regulators, and sunroof mechanisms. These systems typically operate at lower loads and speeds compared to primary powertrain components. Plastic gears can provide reliable performance in these applications while contributing to weight reduction and improved fuel efficiency.
3. Noise and Vibration: Plastic gears have inherent damping properties that can help reduce noise and vibration in automotive applications. This is particularly advantageous in areas where noise reduction is a priority, such as electric window mechanisms or HVAC systems. Plastic gears can contribute to a quieter and more comfortable driving experience.
4. Design Flexibility: Plastic gears offer design flexibility, allowing for complex shapes and customization to meet specific automotive requirements. They can be molded with precision to achieve intricate gear profiles and optimize gear performance. The flexibility in design can lead to improved efficiency, reduced weight, and space-saving advantages in automotive systems.
5. Material Selection: The selection of the appropriate plastic material is crucial for automotive applications. Certain plastic materials, such as engineering thermoplastics like POM (polyoxymethylene) or PA (polyamide), offer higher strength, rigidity, and wear resistance compared to standard plastics. These materials can withstand the demands of automotive environments, including temperature variations and exposure to chemicals or oils.
6. Load-Bearing Applications: While plastic gears are commonly used in non-load bearing or low-load applications within the automotive industry, they may have limitations in high-load or high-torque applications. Metal gears, such as steel or cast iron, are generally preferred for primary powertrain components such as transmissions and differential systems, where higher strength and durability are required to handle the significant loads and forces involved.
7. Environmental Considerations: Automotive applications can expose gears to various environmental factors such as temperature extremes, humidity, UV radiation, and exposure to chemicals or oils. The selected plastic material should have good resistance to these environmental conditions to ensure long-term durability and performance.
In summary, plastic gears can be successfully used in certain automotive applications, particularly in non-load bearing or low-load scenarios, as well as in auxiliary systems. They offer advantages such as weight reduction, design flexibility, and noise reduction. However, when considering the use of plastic gears in automotive applications, it’s important to carefully evaluate the specific requirements, loads, environmental conditions, and material selection to ensure optimal performance and durability.
How do plastic gears differ from metal gears in terms of performance?
Plastic gears and metal gears exhibit differences in performance characteristics. Here’s a detailed explanation of how plastic gears differ from metal gears:
Strength and Durability:
- Metal gears are generally stronger and more durable compared to plastic gears. They can withstand higher torque, heavy loads, and harsh operating conditions. Metal gears are commonly used in applications that require high strength and durability, such as heavy machinery, automotive transmissions, and industrial equipment.
- Plastic gears have lower strength and may not be suitable for applications with high torque or heavy loads. However, advancements in plastic materials and manufacturing techniques have resulted in the development of high-performance plastics that offer improved strength and durability, allowing plastic gears to be used in a wider range of applications.
- Plastic gears are significantly lighter in weight compared to metal gears. This lightweight characteristic is advantageous in applications where weight reduction is important, as it can contribute to energy efficiency, lower inertia, and reduced wear on supporting components.
- Metal gears are heavier due to the density and strength of the metal materials used. While the weight of metal gears can provide benefits in certain applications that require high inertia or increased stability, it may also result in additional energy consumption and higher stresses on supporting structures.
Noise and Vibration:
- Plastic gears have inherent damping properties that help reduce noise and vibration levels during operation. This makes them suitable for applications where noise reduction is desired, such as in consumer electronics or office equipment.
- Metal gears tend to generate more noise and vibration due to their higher stiffness. While there are methods to reduce noise in metal gears through design modifications and the use of noise-dampening materials, plastic gears generally offer better inherent noise and vibration reduction.
Wear and Lubrication:
- Plastic gears have the advantage of self-lubrication due to certain plastic materials having inherent lubricating properties. This reduces friction and wear between gear teeth, eliminating the need for external lubrication and simplifying maintenance requirements.
- Metal gears typically require lubrication to reduce friction and wear. Proper lubrication is essential for their performance and longevity. Insufficient or inadequate lubrication can lead to increased wear, heat generation, and even gear failure.
- Plastic gears can exhibit excellent resistance to corrosion and chemicals, depending on the chosen plastic material. This makes them suitable for applications in corrosive environments where metal gears may suffer from degradation or require additional protective measures.
- Metal gears may corrode when exposed to moisture, chemicals, or certain operating environments. Corrosion can weaken the gears and compromise their performance and lifespan. However, corrosion-resistant metals or protective coatings can mitigate this issue.
- Plastic gears offer greater design flexibility compared to metal gears. Plastic materials can be easily molded into complex shapes, allowing for the creation of custom gear profiles and tooth geometries. This design flexibility enables gear optimization for specific applications, improving performance, efficiency, and overall machinery design.
- Metal gears are more limited in terms of design flexibility due to the constraints of machining or shaping metal materials. While metal gears can still be customized to some extent, the process is generally more time-consuming and costly compared to plastic gear manufacturing.
It’s important to consider these performance differences when selecting between plastic and metal gears for a specific application. The requirements of the application, including load capacity, operating conditions, noise considerations, and durability expectations, should guide the choice of gear material.
editor by CX 2023-11-07