Pinion Rack Round Worm Screw Helical Hypoid Straight Ring Spiral Forged Bevel Spur Differential Steering Internal Box Spline Plastic Nylon Stainless Steel Gear
Click the picture to learn more
Double helical gear
Spiral Bevel Gear
Straight bevel gear
Worm gear & worm shaft
We can produce large forging,casting and welding gears according to customer’s drawings.According to the working conditions and clients’ request,we also can do gear grinding,surface hardening,cemented and quenching,Nitriding and quenching,etc.
C45,40Cr,20CrMnTi,42CrMo, Copper, Stainless steel and so on as per your requests.
F.orging, Machining, Hobbing, Milling, Shaving, Grinding, Heat treatment….…
NC Gear Hobbing Machines, NC Gear Shapers(Gealson, Moude), NC lathe, NC gear Shaving machines, NC gear milling, Nc gear grinding
We can also produce forged gears
Click here to get the latest quotation!
Our factory is mainly engaged in the manufacturing and processing of large and medium-sized straight teeth, helical teeth, bevel teeth, herringbone teeth and other gear transmission products. At the same time, we have also developed zinc based alloy wear-resistant materials that can replace copper products, with light weight, low cost and good performance. Our factory is equipped with high frequency, ultra audio frequency, large heat treatment equipment, complete gear making equipment, strict production process, and perfect detection means. Now we focus on developing: rubber chemical machinery gear; Gear of gold beneficiation machinery; Mechanical gear for metallurgical building materials; Hydraulic engineering machinery gear; Agricultural machinery gear; General reducer gear; There are more than 100 gear transmission varieties, such as gears, turbines, sprockets, etc. of the medical equipment supporting gear series. The supporting manufacturers are all over the province and abroad. Some products have been exported in batches and are highly praised by users.
For a long time, our factory has always adhered to the principle of “no best, only better”, and is willing to sincerely cooperate with domestic and foreign enterprises and merchants, develop and prosper with professional technology, sincere reputation and perfect service. We welcome friends to come for cooperation and exchange.
Our production equipments
Our testing equipment
Finished product display
Packaging and transportation
|Motor, Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Machinery, Marine, Agricultural Machinery, Car, Industry
|Hardened Tooth Surface
|Toothed Portion Shape:
Can plastic gears be used in food and beverage processing machinery?
Plastic gears can be used in food and beverage processing machinery in certain applications. Here’s a detailed explanation of their suitability:
Plastic gears offer several advantages that make them a viable choice for certain food and beverage processing machinery applications:
- Corrosion Resistance: Many plastic materials, such as certain types of polypropylene (PP) or polyethylene (PE), exhibit excellent resistance to corrosion and chemical attack. This makes them suitable for use in food and beverage processing environments where exposure to acidic or alkaline substances, cleaning agents, or food ingredients is common.
- Hygienic Properties: Plastic gears can be designed to have smooth surfaces without any cracks, crevices, or pores, which can harbor bacteria or contaminants. This makes them easier to clean and sterilize, promoting hygienic conditions in food and beverage processing machinery.
- Lightweight: Plastic gears are generally lighter than metal gears, which can be advantageous in applications where weight reduction is desired. The reduced weight can simplify machinery design, reduce energy consumption, and ease handling during maintenance or equipment assembly.
- Noise Reduction: Plastic gears, with their inherent damping characteristics, can help reduce noise levels in food and beverage processing machinery. This is particularly beneficial in settings where noise control is crucial for maintaining a comfortable working environment.
- Non-Toxicity: Food-grade plastic materials, such as certain types of polyethylene terephthalate (PET) or polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), are approved for contact with food and beverages. These materials comply with regulatory standards for food safety and do not leach harmful substances into the processed products.
- Design Flexibility: Plastic gears offer greater design flexibility compared to metal gears. They can be molded into complex shapes and incorporate features such as self-lubrication, noise reduction, or specific gear profiles to optimize performance for food and beverage processing applications.
However, it’s important to note that there are certain considerations and limitations when using plastic gears in food and beverage processing machinery:
- Operating Conditions: Plastic gears have temperature limitations and may not be suitable for applications involving high temperatures or extreme temperature fluctuations. It’s essential to select plastic materials that can withstand the specific temperature range of the processing environment.
- Load Requirements: Plastic gears typically have lower load-bearing capacities compared to metal gears. They may not be suitable for heavy-duty applications that require withstanding high torque or significant forces. Careful consideration should be given to the torque and load requirements of the specific machinery application.
- Application-Specific Requirements: Some food and beverage processing machinery applications may have unique requirements, such as high-speed operation, abrasive ingredients, or frequent cleaning cycles. It’s crucial to assess whether plastic gears can meet these specific requirements and evaluate the need for additional reinforcements or modifications.
Overall, plastic gears can be successfully used in food and beverage processing machinery for suitable applications, offering benefits such as corrosion resistance, hygienic properties, lightweight design, noise reduction, and compliance with food safety standards. However, proper material selection, design considerations, and a thorough understanding of the application’s requirements are important to ensure the reliable and safe operation of the machinery.
What is the impact of temperature variations on plastic gears?
Temperature variations can have a significant impact on plastic gears. Here’s a detailed explanation of their effects:
1. Thermal Expansion: Plastic gears can experience thermal expansion or contraction with changes in temperature. Different types of plastics have varying coefficients of thermal expansion, meaning they expand or contract at different rates. This can result in dimensional changes, which may affect the gear’s meshing, clearance, and overall performance. It’s important to consider the thermal expansion characteristics of the specific plastic material used in the gear design.
2. Material Softening or Hardening: Plastic materials can exhibit changes in mechanical properties with temperature variations. In general, as temperature increases, plastic materials tend to soften and become more flexible, while at lower temperatures, they can become stiffer and more brittle. These changes can impact the gear’s load-bearing capacity, wear resistance, and overall durability. It’s crucial to select plastic materials that can maintain their mechanical integrity within the expected temperature range of the application.
3. Dimensional Stability: Plastic gears may experience dimensional changes or warping due to temperature fluctuations. Higher temperatures can cause plastic materials to deform, leading to misalignment, increased backlash, or reduced gear accuracy. Conversely, lower temperatures can cause contraction, resulting in tight clearances, increased friction, or gear binding. Proper design considerations, including material selection and gear geometry, can help mitigate the impact of temperature-induced dimensional changes.
4. Lubrication and Wear: Temperature variations can affect the lubrication properties of plastic gears. Higher temperatures can cause lubricants to degrade or become less effective, leading to increased friction, wear, and potential gear failure. Similarly, low temperatures can cause lubricants to thicken or solidify, hindering proper lubrication and increasing wear. Selecting lubricants suitable for the anticipated temperature range and periodic maintenance can help ensure proper lubrication and minimize wear on plastic gears.
5. Cold Flow and Creep: Some plastic materials, especially those with lower glass transition temperatures, may exhibit cold flow or creep at elevated temperatures. Cold flow refers to the gradual deformation or flow of plastic material under constant stress, while creep refers to the time-dependent deformation under a constant load. These phenomena can cause changes in gear geometry, tooth profile, or tooth engagement over time, potentially affecting gear performance and functionality. Understanding the material’s creep and cold flow characteristics is important when selecting plastic gears for applications exposed to temperature variations.
6. Impact on Lubricants and Seals: Temperature variations can also impact the performance of lubricants and seals used in gear systems. Extreme temperatures can cause lubricants to break down, lose viscosity, or leak from the gear assembly. Seals and gaskets may also be affected, leading to compromised gear housing integrity or increased friction. It’s crucial to consider temperature compatibility and select appropriate lubricants and seals that can withstand the anticipated temperature range.
In summary, temperature variations can significantly impact plastic gears by causing thermal expansion, material softening or hardening, dimensional changes, lubrication issues, cold flow or creep, and effects on lubricants and seals. Proper material selection, design considerations, and understanding the anticipated temperature range are essential to ensure the reliable and optimal performance of plastic gears in various applications.
What industries commonly use plastic gears?
Plastic gears find applications in various industries due to their unique properties and advantages. Here’s a detailed explanation of the industries that commonly use plastic gears:
- Automotive: Plastic gears are used in automotive applications such as power windows, seat adjusters, HVAC systems, windshield wipers, and various motor-driven mechanisms. Their lightweight nature, noise reduction capabilities, and corrosion resistance make them suitable for these applications.
- Consumer Electronics: Plastic gears are used in consumer electronics devices like printers, scanners, cameras, and audio equipment. Their lightweight construction, low noise generation, and design flexibility make them ideal for compact and noise-sensitive applications.
- Medical: Plastic gears are utilized in medical devices and equipment such as pumps, lab instruments, diagnostic devices, and surgical equipment. Their corrosion resistance, lubricity, and ability to be sterilized make them suitable for medical environments.
- Office Equipment: Plastic gears are commonly found in office equipment like printers, photocopiers, scanners, and shredders. Their low noise operation, lightweight construction, and cost-effectiveness make them popular choices in these applications.
- Industrial Machinery: Plastic gears are used in various industrial machinery applications, including packaging equipment, conveyor systems, material handling equipment, and small gearboxes. Their self-lubricating properties, corrosion resistance, and noise reduction capabilities make them suitable for these industrial environments.
- Toys and Games: Plastic gears are extensively used in toys, hobbyist models, and games. Their lightweight nature, cost-effectiveness, and ease of customization allow for the creation of intricate moving parts in these recreational products.
- Aerospace: Plastic gears are used in certain aerospace applications, particularly in non-critical systems such as cabin equipment, small actuators, and control mechanisms. Their lightweight construction and noise reduction characteristics are advantageous in aerospace applications.
- Telecommunications: Plastic gears find applications in telecommunications equipment such as routers, switches, and communication devices. Their lightweight design, noise reduction properties, and cost-effectiveness make them suitable for these applications.
These are just a few examples of the industries that commonly use plastic gears. The versatility, cost-effectiveness, design flexibility, and specific performance characteristics of plastic gears make them valuable components in numerous applications across various sectors.
editor by CX 2023-12-04