1. Available in sizes in Module1.5/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10
2. Repeatability of up to ± 0.01mm
3. Powerful rack and pinion drives for reliable movements.
4. Extremely compact frame with high inherent stiffness
5. It is designed for high-temperature resistance, long service life.
6. Rigidness improved, Smaller size, Easy to maintain, Improve accuracy, Easy assemble, etc.
1. The operation conditions need to be within the rated values as shown in the technical information.
2. Avoid dust, debris, and any foreign objects from entering the rack and pinion return system.
3. The operational temperature should be under 80 ºC. In high-temperature environments above 80ºC.
4. If the product can be used in a special environment, such as vacuum, vibration,
clean room, corrosive chemicals, organic solvents, extremely high or low temperatures, humidity, liquid splashes,
oil drops or mist, high salt, heavy load, vertical or cantilever installations. Please Confirm first with TOCO.
5. For vertical installations, when loaded, there is a possibility that the slider may fall. We recommend adding
proper braking and ensure functionality before the operation.
1. Lubricate the product before the initial use. Note the type of grease used and avoid mixing different types together.
2. For normal operating conditions, it is recommended to check the operation every 100km, clean and supply grease CHINAMFG the rack and pinion.
|Rack and pinion
|Plastic bag+Cartons Or Wooden Packing
|T/T, Western Union
|Production lead time
|15 business days for sample, 35 days for the bulk
|Rack and pinion
|1. Automatic controlling machine
2. Semi-conductor industry
3. General industry machinery
4. Medical equipment
5. Solar energy equipment
6. Machine tool
7. Parking system
8. High-speed rail and aviation transportation equipment, etc.
Package & Shipping
1.Package: Carton or wooden case.
2.Delivery time: 15 days after receiving payment.
3.Shipping: by express (DHL, TNT, FedEx, etc.) or by sea.
ZheJiang brand registered trademark, High-Tech Enterprise, letter patents, and ISO.
1. Service :
a. Help customers to choose the correct model, with CAD & PDF drawing for your reference.
b. Professional sales team, make your purchase smooth.
Sample order: We require 100% T/T in advance. sample express need request pay by clients
Bulk order: 30% T/T in advance, balance by T/T against copy of B/L.T/T, Paypal, Western Union is
sample: 5-10 business days after payment confirmed.
Bulk order:10-20 workdays after deposit received.
4. Guarantee Time
TOCO provides a one-year quality guarantee for the products from your purchase date, except for
the artificial damage.
During the warranty period, any quality problem of the CHINAMFG product, once confirmed, we will
send a new 1 to replace.
|Machinery, CNC Machinery
|Hardened Tooth Surface
|Toothed Portion Shape:
Can plastic gears withstand high torque and load conditions?
Plastic gears have certain limitations when it comes to withstanding high torque and load conditions. Here’s a detailed explanation of their capabilities:
Plastic gears can be designed and manufactured to handle a range of torque and load conditions, but their performance is generally inferior to that of metal gears in high-stress applications. The specific capabilities of plastic gears depend on various factors, including the chosen plastic material, gear design, tooth profile, and operating conditions.
While plastic gears may not be suitable for extremely high torque or heavy-load applications, they can still provide reliable performance in many moderate-load scenarios. Plastic gears are commonly used in applications with light to moderate loads, where their unique properties and advantages outweigh their limitations.
Some plastic materials, such as acetal (POM) and polyamide (nylon), offer good strength and wear resistance, allowing them to handle moderate torque and load conditions. These materials can be reinforced with additives or fillers to enhance their mechanical properties and increase their load-bearing capacity.
It’s important to note that when designing with plastic gears, engineers must carefully consider factors such as gear size, tooth geometry, material selection, and operating conditions. Reinforcement techniques, such as using metal inserts or reinforcing fibers, may be employed to improve the strength and load-bearing capabilities of plastic gears in certain applications.
In high torque or heavy-load applications, metal gears, particularly those made from steel or other high-strength alloys, are generally preferred due to their superior strength and durability. Metal gears offer higher load capacities, better resistance to deformation, and increased resistance to wear under extreme conditions.
Ultimately, the suitability of plastic gears for high torque and load conditions depends on the specific requirements of the application and the trade-off between the benefits of plastic gears, such as weight reduction and noise reduction, and the higher load-bearing capabilities of metal gears.
It’s recommended to consult with gear manufacturers or mechanical engineers to determine the most appropriate gear material and design for a particular application, especially when high torque and load conditions are expected.
How do plastic gears handle lubrication and wear?
Plastic gears handle lubrication and wear differently compared to metal gears. Here’s a detailed explanation of their behavior:
1. Lubrication in Plastic Gears: Lubrication plays a crucial role in the performance and longevity of plastic gears. While metal gears often require continuous lubrication, plastic gears have different lubrication requirements due to their inherent properties. Here are some key considerations:
- Self-Lubrication: Some plastic materials, such as certain formulations of polyoxymethylene (POM), have inherent self-lubricating properties. These materials have a low coefficient of friction and can operate with minimal lubrication or even dry. Self-lubricating plastic gears can be advantageous in applications where the use of external lubricants is impractical or undesirable.
- Lubricant Compatibility: When external lubrication is necessary, it’s important to choose lubricants that are compatible with the specific plastic material used in the gears. Certain lubricants may degrade or adversely affect the mechanical properties of certain plastics. Consultation with lubricant manufacturers or experts can help identify suitable lubricants that won’t cause degradation or wear issues.
- Reduced Lubricant Requirements: Plastic gears generally have lower friction coefficients compared to metal gears. This reduced friction results in lower heat generation and less wear, which in turn reduces the demand for lubrication. Plastic gears may require less frequent lubricant replenishment or lower lubricant volumes, reducing maintenance requirements.
- Appropriate Lubricant Application: When applying lubricant to plastic gears, care should be taken to avoid excessive amounts that could lead to contamination or leakage. Lubricants should be applied in a controlled manner, ensuring they reach the critical contact points without excessive buildup or excess spreading beyond the gear surfaces.
2. Wear in Plastic Gears: Plastic gears exhibit different wear characteristics compared to metal gears. While metal gears typically experience gradual wear due to surface interactions, plastic gears may undergo different types of wear mechanisms, including:
- Adhesive Wear: Adhesive wear can occur in plastic gears when high loads or speeds cause localized melting or deformation at the gear teeth contact points. This can result in material transfer between gear surfaces and increased wear. Proper material selection, gear design optimization, and lubrication can help minimize adhesive wear in plastic gears.
- Abrasive Wear: Abrasive wear in plastic gears can be caused by the presence of abrasive particles or contaminants in the operating environment. These particles can act as abrasive agents, gradually wearing down the gear surfaces. Implementing effective filtration or sealing mechanisms, along with proper maintenance practices, can help reduce abrasive wear in plastic gears.
- Fatigue Wear: Plastic materials can exhibit fatigue wear under cyclic loading conditions. Repeated stress and deformation cycles can lead to crack initiation and propagation, ultimately resulting in gear failure. Proper gear design, material selection, and avoiding excessive loads or stress concentrations can help mitigate fatigue wear in plastic gears.
3. Gear Material Selection: The choice of plastic material for gears can significantly impact their lubrication and wear characteristics. Different plastic materials have varying coefficients of friction, wear resistance, and compatibility with lubricants. It’s important to select materials that offer suitable lubrication and wear properties for the specific application requirements.
4. Operational Considerations: Proper operating conditions and practices can also contribute to the effective handling of lubrication and wear in plastic gears. Avoiding excessive loads, controlling operating temperatures within the material’s limits, implementing effective maintenance procedures, and monitoring gear performance are essential for ensuring optimal gear operation and minimizing wear.
In summary, plastic gears can handle lubrication and wear differently compared to metal gears. They may exhibit self-lubricating properties, reduced lubricant requirements, and require careful consideration of lubricant compatibility. Plastic gears can experience different types of wear, including adhesive wear, abrasive wear, and fatigue wear. Proper material selection, gear design, lubrication practices, and operational considerations are crucial for ensuring efficient lubrication and minimizing wear in plastic gears.
What are plastic gears and how are they used?
Plastic gears are gear components made from various types of polymers or plastic materials. They offer unique properties and advantages compared to traditional metal gears. Here’s a detailed explanation of plastic gears and their applications:
- Types of Plastic Materials: Plastic gears can be manufactured from different types of polymers, including thermoplastics such as acetal (polyoxymethylene – POM), nylon (polyamide – PA), polycarbonate (PC), and polyethylene (PE), as well as thermosetting plastics like phenolic resins. Each material has its own specific characteristics, such as strength, wear resistance, and temperature resistance, which make them suitable for different applications.
- Advantages of Plastic Gears: Plastic gears offer several advantages over metal gears, including:
- Lightweight: Plastic gears are lighter in weight compared to metal gears, which can be beneficial in applications where weight reduction is important.
- Low Noise and Vibration: Plastic gears can provide quieter operation due to their inherent damping properties that reduce noise and vibration levels.
- Corrosion Resistance: Certain plastic materials used in gear manufacturing exhibit excellent resistance to corrosion and chemicals, making them suitable for applications in corrosive environments.
- Self-Lubrication: Some plastic materials have self-lubricating properties, reducing the need for external lubrication and simplifying maintenance.
- Cost-Effective: Plastic gears can be more cost-effective compared to metal gears, especially in large-scale production, due to the lower material and manufacturing costs.
- Applications of Plastic Gears: Plastic gears find applications in various industries and systems, including:
- Automotive: Plastic gears are used in automotive systems such as windshield wipers, HVAC systems, seat adjusters, and electric power steering systems.
- Consumer Electronics: Plastic gears are commonly found in consumer electronics like printers, scanners, cameras, and home appliances.
- Medical Devices: Plastic gears are used in medical equipment and devices where weight reduction, low noise, and corrosion resistance are desired.
- Toy Manufacturing: Plastic gears are extensively used in the production of toys, including mechanical toys, hobby models, and educational kits.
- Office Equipment: Plastic gears are employed in office equipment like printers, copiers, and scanners, where quiet operation and cost-effectiveness are important.
- Industrial Machinery: Plastic gears can be utilized in various industrial machinery applications, such as conveyor systems, packaging equipment, and textile machinery.
It’s important to note that while plastic gears offer unique advantages, they also have limitations. They may not be suitable for applications requiring extremely high torque, high temperatures, or where precise positioning is critical. The selection of plastic gears should consider the specific requirements of the application and the mechanical properties of the chosen plastic material.
editor by CX 2023-11-28